Becoming a CWRV Contractor
Owning your own business is a true American dream. CWRV Transport is the exclusive delivery service for the over 125 Camping World RV stores in 36 states. CWRV independent contractors will deliver over 40,000 fifth wheel and travel trailer RVs, annually, using owned or leased ¾ or 1 ton pickup trucks. CWRV offers the highest mileage pay rates in the industry and has the full backing and annual load volume of the Camping World network. Your exciting new career as a small business owner traveling the highways and byways of America can be your new exciting reality. Please take your time and review the information below. We look forward to seeing you as a part of Team CWRV Transport.
Contractor Compensation & Benefits:
CWRV drivers originate from fixed shipping yards in Indiana, Idaho, Oregon and California. The primary benefit of driving for CWRV and what sets us a part from any other industry “like carrier”, is, we ship directly for Camping World RV and cut out “the middle man”. All other industry carriers are considered “3rd party” and their cost structure often results in lower pay rates and reduced contractor benefits. When you contract with CWRV you are servicing the customer directly and this allows CWRV to pass the savings on to you in the form of higher pay and better incentives
Rate per mile (as of Dec 6, 2017)
|Origin||34′ & Under||Over 35′|
|Indiana to AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, TX, OK, NM, AZ, CA||$1.29||$1.40|
Reload orders are based on market rates and can vary.
- Recruiting bonus program
- FREE Good Sam Club roadside assistance membership
- Delivering to over 125 fixed dealer network in 36 states only – click to view dealer map >
- No Canada
- No pre delivery wash
- Delivery 30 minutes or less
- 24/7 access to origin point
- Driver mobile app (load board viewing, document managing and submission, money management, news and updates, safety training)
- Additional driver benefits from national brands, via contractor services site on CWRV website
UTBA Benefits – (Universal Trucking Benefits Association) has teamed up with CWRV Transport to offer the independent contractor affordable benefit options. Only active CWRV Transport contractors have access to these benefits.
UTBA membership benefits include
- UTBA benefits and discounts
- Individual major medical
- Health indemnity plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability benefits
- Critical illness insurance
- Accident insurance
- Universal life insurance benefits
- Term life insurance benefits
- CDL defender coverage
Click here to download the 15-page guide including premium rates
Contractor Qualifications, Requirements & Equipment Outfitting:
- Due to insurance requirements, you must be at least 23 years of age
- CWRV Requires 6-months recent verifiable over-the-road combination hauling experience. In lieu of professional or commercial towing experience, we will accept your personal trailer towing experience by submitting to CWRV, a letter from your Insurance agent stating you’ve owned a trailer longer than 30’, and that there have been no claims against that trailer in the last 2 years.
- Valid Driver’s license: A Class A CDL is preferred, but an operator’s license to drive commercially is acceptable. Please check with the state you possess your driver license
- Driving Record: Within the last 7 years – No DUI, OWI, DWI, DWI-E, careless driving, excessive speeding 15MPH or more over the limit, reckless driving, improper lane change or erratic driving, violations in connection with a fatal accident, driving without proper licensing or habitual offender convictions.
- Work History: You must submit a complete 10-year work history on the CWRV application including accounting for any employment date gaps. If you are retired, have been self-employed, and/or unemployed for any period of time, it must be listed/accounted for in the work history section of the application.
- Pass a company road test during orientation
- Pass a DOT Physical: It is best if you obtain a DOT physical in your hometown. If, for any reason, you cannot pass the physical, you will know right away. However, a physical may be done in Elkhart, IN by Community Occupational Medicine at their Bristol Street location comoccmed.com for $65 (price subject to change without notice) If you have any medical issues or limitations that you suspect might affect your meeting DOT requirements, it is strongly advised that you obtain your physical in your hometown area to ensure that you will be permitted to drive commercially before you make the trip to Elkhart for orientation.
- Phone: You must have an activated Smart phone with voicemail set up. This is required for CWRV Mobile app which works only with iPhone or Android.
- Electronic Logging: CWRV requires driver daily logs to be completed electronically using the free KeepTruckin application on your Smart phone.
- Contractor Deposit: CWRV will establish an account for you as a CSA (Contractor Savings Account). 10% of gross is deducted from each trip and held in escrow in a non-interest bearing account (CSA) until it accrues to $1,000. The money is held in lieu of damage claims as a security deposit. It is yours, you can take it with you if you leave or retire as long as there are no damage claims.
- Orientation Info: Approved applicants will be invited to schedule an orientation. Orientation is 1 ½ days (Day 1: 7am to 5pm Day 2: 8am to 12 noon) approximately.
Effective May 1st, 2017, CWRV will offer a $75 day credit towards a hotel stay in the Elkhart area for new applicants attending orientation. A DOT drug test will be administered the 1st morning for a cost of $35, cash only.
- Plate Rental: Transporter plates will be assigned to each contractor during orientation. The rental fee is only $10.00 per month.
- CWRV requires $1,000,000 Unladen Liability coverage/certificate of insurance. (Non-Trucking Liability is no longer accepted) Unladen Liability Insurance pays damages to 3rd party property or people anytime you are not hauling the property of others. For more information on Unladen Policies contact Brown and Brown at the links below or call Avant Brokerage.
- It is the contractor’s responsibility to provide standard Bodily Injury/Physical Damage as well as Comprehensive & Collision coverage for the truck. The Unladen Liability Coverage is in addition to this standard coverage.
Brown & Brown
- Contact: Amanda Rieger or Carmen Beltran
- Phone: 800-846-7873
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Dwayne Goad
- Phone: 877-814-1236 (not a CWRV #)
- Email: Dwayne@ccrins.com ccrins.com
- CWRV Transport requires a truck model year 2005 or newer
- Truck must be full size ¾ Ton or 1 Ton (dually not necessary). No mid-size, ½ ton trucks, vans, or SUVs are accepted.
- Truck can be owned or financed. Enterprise truck Leasing is available by contacting Enterprise at 574-256-3023
- Truck Registration: CWRV recommends the equivalent to a 26,000 lb. truck plate, depending on the limits of your driver’s license (If you have a CDL A you are not limited by GVWR totals). Your truck registration weight listing should be sufficient to legally scale the actual weight of the truck and trailer. In other words, it is best to register it for the maximum weight rating your truck can safely accommodate, but no more than 26,000 pounds.
- Completed DOT long form inspection must be submitted
- Inspections are available at the following Elkhart County locations when you come for orientation (please contact them directly for appointments):
NOTE: Before a DOT truck inspection is administered, you must have an emergency triangle kit and mounted fire extinguisher in your truck.
Required Electronic Devices:
- iPhone or Android Smart Phone with voicemail setup
Required Truck Outfitting:
*Must be obtained and/or installed before orientation begins
- Class C Receiver rated at least 10,000 pounds
- CWRV does not require a contractor to have a Fifth Wheel. Fifth wheel hitch must minimum rated at 20,000 pounds. Without a Fifth wheel or lighter hitch, the number of available dispatches you receive may be limited.
- Mud flaps: We require both rear-well and a full-width, below rear bumper mud flaps. For your convenience the full-width mud flaps can be purchased locally from one of the Elkhart vendors shown below.
- Extended mirrors for towing 102 inch trailers
- CWRV requires distribution bars rated at 1,000 pounds minimum. (These can be purchased for approximately $300 at the service vendors listed above)
- Credit/Debit card for your own truck repairs (on the road). CWRV cannot fund truck repairs.
- 1/2″ drive Torque wrench to tighten trailer lugs at beginning of a trip: Rating of 125 pounds with 3 deep well 6 point socket sizes: 7/8, 13/16 and ¾. (available for purchase at CWRV)
- Electric brake control in cab of truck
- Appropriate 7-Pin bumper plug, bed plug optional
- 2 ball sizes: 2-5/16” rated at 10,000 pounds minimum, 2” rated at 6,000 pounds minimum, and the ball height set at approximately 20” measured from the ground to the highest point of the ball.
- Electric breakaway battery: DOT regulations require the battery to be a “wet” cell battery (deep cell marine type) encased in a removable cover.
- Ratchet Strap to secure encased battery
- “D” rings for breakaway cable
- Emergency Equipment –D.O.T. commercial Emergency Warning Devices per FMCSA requirements
- Truck suspension must be stock (no lift kits) and the bed height should be 57″ high, or 59″ maximum measured at the rear of the truck bed from the ground up.
- Tires must be commercial rated 10-ply tires with Load Range E. (Passenger tires or 8-ply are not accepted.)
- Spare Fuse Assortment: 5 amp-30 amp (miniature blade style)
- General Tool Kit recommended
- CWRV strongly recommends: extra light bulbs for your truck
- Screw mounted fire extinguisher (in cab or bed) with UL rating of 5:BC
How do I outfit my truck with all the required equipment?
CWRV is conveniently located in the capital of the RV manufacturing world. As a result there are many qualified vendors in the area to help with your equipment needs. You may outfit your truck wherever you wish, but we offer the following vendor links as options for you to shop pricing and service:
Ready to join the CWRV team?
We are one of the fastest growing transport companies in the country and we need your help today.